Re: SERVER: Verbing properties

>> I would argue that this is a good case for either putting property access
>> (property-value-setting) into a builtin (perhaps transparently), or creating
>> strong motivations for programmers to write to your specs.

>Or putting in mutex builtins and a lock for each and every property and make
>sure people know how to use them.  So, why do you guys want to make MOOcoding
>inaccessable to anyone but device driver writers?

If you want to do complex programming, you need to have the ability to do so.
My personal preference is to enforce in-DB specifications with minimal support.
If you don't have an interest in complex programming, none of these suggested
changes should have any affect on your MOOing experience.

Seth / Blackbriar
Seth I. Rich - sir@po.cwru.edu
                                 There is nothing more precious than
Rabbits on walls, no problem.    a tear of true repentance.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index