Re: Changing OS

At 07:22 PM 4/6/96 PST, Michael Smith wrote:

>        I have some moo dbs that I have been using in Linux for some time.
>I recently switched to the Win95/Dos clients since I use them for everything
>else.  The only problem is that my old dbs don't reconize my passwords.  It
>seems like the encryption key was changed.  Is there any way to hack the db
>and change this?  I cannot get into the db as a programmer and do a
>;crypt(""), so what do I do?

yeah the crypt() function is a little different.. you can start up
minimal.db or a fresh core, get a crypt(whatever) and edit #2's password on
the other one and change the password..

Here's a question I have.. I noticed string_hash() is the same on both
versions., and I changed passwords on the moo I was using to use that. Does
anyone see a problem with that?