Re: Guests on the MOO

On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Brian E. Murfin wrote:

> Oops, one more question, I have three processes running when the MOO is
> up.  Is this normal? If not, how can it be corrected?  (I have the latest
> version of LambdaMOO running on a Silicon Graphics machine under Irix.)

This is normal.  The server uses two accessory processes to perform
host-name and host-address lookups with timeouts.  (The processes are
relatively small.)

When the MOO is checkpointing, you'll see a fourth (big) process, unless
you've turned forked checkpointing off.

  --Chris                           cunkel@engin.umich.edu
    ResComp Network Support Technician, Bursley Hall
    "Invisibility is in the eye of the beholder."
    Home Page: http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~cunkel/