RE: Does the new LambdaMOO core support Web?

Rog wrote:
>Hacking the server or doing anything that depends on DB file format
>(which is only sparsely documented and likely to change) is a less good
>idea.

Allow me to disagree. From our experience, the simplest method for logging
is to fileappend() using FUP. Simple, quick, no scale-up problems, doesn't
change the size of the database, has many other advantages.

Sorry, but the mentality of 'keep the server unmodified or die' is
obviously wrong. Arguably MCP was 'bad', until the moment when Pavel added
it to the server, and then it became kosher. Nah.

Sorry if anyone feels this to be a flame or flame-bait, it is not intended
to be so. Bottom line - some applications benefit a lot from certain server
modifications. This is one of them.

Gustavo Glusman               Founder/administrator of BioMOO
-- Gustavo@bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il
-- http://bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il/Gustavo
-- BioMOO: telnet bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il 8888
           WWW:   http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/BioMOO