Re: anonymity in moos

Jacqueline Hamilton drew these hieroglyphs:

> Anyway, I'd like to hear how others have done it; I know most MOOs are
> still anonymous though.  Does that hinder a MOO from being taken serious
> as a virtual community?

Take a look at JHM.  They're anonymous, but they give you the option
of disclosing RL information like your email address.  Most of the
users there are on a real-name basis.

I think the disintegration of the MOO community is an inevitable
consequence of its sheer size.  Come to think of it, that applies
pretty well to real communities as well.  LambdaMOO passed critical
mass long ago.  About the only thing that brings thousands of people
together as a community is a disaster or a war.