The new ProgrammersManual.texinfo

I just FTPed the new ProgrammersManual.texinfo and started to print it when
I noticed an extra page near the beginning containing the title and
copyright in a typewriter-type font so I took a look at the code and I think
I found the problem.  The file starts:

  \input texinfo   @c -*-texinfo-*-

  @comment %**start of header (This is for running Texinfo on a region.)
  @set INFO
  @setfilename ProgrammersManual.info
  @settitle LambdaMOO Programmer's Manual

I'm not really sure what that "@set INFO" does, but it sounds like it was
something used for testing or debugging.  A little later in the file, is
this section:

  @node Top, Introduction, (dir), (dir)
  @comment  node-name,  next,  previous,  up
  @ifset INFO
  @format
		     *************************************
		     *** LambdaMOO Programmer's Manual ***
		     *************************************

                         For LambdaMOO Version 1.8.0alpha1
                                    April 1996

				by Pavel Curtis
				  aka Haakon
				  aka Lambda

        Copyright @copyright{} 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996 by Pavel Curtis.
  @end format
  @end ifset

Which is probably there to be displayed as the first node in the info
version, but since INFO is set at the beginning either way, it's displayed
after the title page in the TeX version too.  Maybe that @ifset INFO should
be an @ifinfo ?  or maybe there should be an @ifinfo around the @set INFO ?
Of course, I don't really know that much about texinfo, so this might just
be some feature that my texinfo program doesn't support, I don't know.
                                                    --Dark_Owl

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index