announcements to players would mention his name.

The way I intend to do this is to have a code segment (where #110 is
our sample temporary wizard):
  #110.wizard = 1;
  set_task_perms(#110);
  shutdown(); /* whatever, maybe a message here */

and, as the first line in $server_started:
  #110.wizard = 0;

Does anyone see any security considerations, race conditions, anything
which would make this a bad idea?  I don't think it's possible for any
harm to come from this, but...

Seth / Blackbriar

Seth I. Rich - sir@po.cwru.edu - http://corporate.hygnet.com/~seth/
                                 There is nothing more precious than
Rabbits on walls, no problem.    a tear of true repentance.