--- end of quoted material ---

Hmm.  Why not make a special "shutdown object"

say, #666:
#666.wizard => 1;
verb_info(#666, "shut_this_place_down") =>{#666, "rxd", "shut_this_place_down")
Listing of #666:shut_this_place_down (this none this)
if (caller_perms().wizard)
   shutdown();
else
   raise(E_PERM, "Nice try, buddy");
endif

then give #110 a @shutdown verb:
#666.name = this.name;
#666:shut_this_place_down();

and this verb is wizpermed.  While I see know obvious security holes in your
suggested method, this never makes the guy a wizard, so it avoids any
posibility of a hole.  The only sacrifice would be the object # that will
becomes #666, but the name will be right.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index