MOO-cows Mailing List Archive

[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: {n/p}curses

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Rich Connamacher wrote:

> Nobody's said this yet, I don't believe, but...

Welp, it kinda comes implicitly with using MOO, imho :-)

> LONG LIVE PAVEL!

> [Begin Sappy Block]

Well, more or less the same story here... And I can say a lot more folx
in the MetroMOO have had and will have similar experiences... Kind of a
Quantum Leap effect, yes ? :) "The lives you touched, Sam, touched others.
And those, others!" (Says the barkeeper/god/time to Sam, in the final
episode)

> [End Sappy Block]
> Just had to say it :-)

And I want to say something too :-) Something i've been telling myself
and others in the MetroMOO and outside it: The best way to honor Pavels
work and (programming) philosophy, is to try and emulate it. Imagine
yourself writing code everyone uses, like MOO. Code that could change the
face of this world. Would you make it freely accessible, for others to
use, read and /learn from/? Further more, would you put so tremendous an
effort in supporting it ? I really hope I have the stamina and
determination to, when (and if :-) i get to make such a decision...

Which makes me wonder.... Pavel revealed a little bit about the history
and the roots of LambdaMOO... How about the rest ? Does anyone want to
share stories about /how/ LambdaMOO came to be as it is ? The name
LambdaMU^HOO seems obvious, but it also sounds like there is a whole story
behind it :-) How far back does the MOO-Cows archive go ? Anyone have the
energy to compile (excuze-le-mot) a history of LambdaMOO ? (Doesn't have
to be Pavel of course)

Regards,
	Thomas.

Thomas Wouters   |   Visit The Digitale City (DDS)   | Forever an Addict to
zonny@moo.dds.nl |    The Dutch Digital Community    | Virtual, Digital,
Ynnoz @ MOOs     | http://www.dds.nl/plein/centraal/ | Unconventional Rubbish
Jay_* @ MUS[HE]s |  WWW -- World Wide Wackos :)      | (Except for Windows)