Re: precompiled MOOs?

At 2:06 PM 4/21/96, Linda R Clifton wrote (using the To: line in a very
creative way):
>i have a nextstep os machine with a intel processor is there any
>way that somebody can put out a precompiled MOO for it?  Or find some
>way for me to compile a MOO when I can't get a compiler on the comp? ;)
>    Or, does anybody know where I can get a already setup gcc?
>    Any help i can get woudl be great, I'm really about to smash my
>comp or somethign else crazy if I cna't get the thing running ;)

I think DJGPP, a port of gcc to the DOS environment, may be useful.
Although you're not running DOS, certain files gcc uses _are_ set up for an
Intel chip in the DJGPP port, so it may tell you something useful. (What
sort of Intel chip? I assume you've got a Pentium or something similar).
I forget the URL for DJGPP right now; I'm sure it's not too hard to find
with a net-search or something.
This may be of some small use to you; it's all the help I can give. Sorry.

Matthew Sanderson
m.sanderson@student.anu.edu.au
The Australian National University, Canberra.

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
     --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949