Re: @dig (restriction)

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Isildur wrote:

> Id like to thanks many people here helping me on all of this.
> People on my moo wants to have "sure" homes, so nobody can dig exits to them.
> But @dig allow to dig exits from your rooms to anybody else one.
> I mean, if a builder digs a room with an exit to any other one room (other
> playerês room) both, exit and entry are not "activated" on others room, but his
> exit works, so he can go to others rooms this way.
> This sholud be done by the other player using @add-entry, isnt ?
> If you list legal exits and entries in otherês  room you get nothing, but it woks.
> Should I edit go, moveto, add-exit or what? in $room? in $exit?
> Many thanks again to all.

If you want people to only be able to come in via a valid exit, try
sticking in the room's :accept verb somewhere,

if (!(caller IN this.entrances))
  return 0;
else
[blab]

.  That way, going through a non-valid exit into that room would have the
same effect as @move me to #<that room>: it won't work.  (I haven't
tested this, but it should work, since the exit calls the move(), it
should be what 'caller' is set to.)

This just brought up a question... what is 'caller' set to in the case
where a bf_move() wrapper is programmed and that wrapper itself calls the
accept verb?  the exit that called move() or #0?  (I know i know this is a
dumb example but that's the general idea).  PhantomMOO's not up, so I
can't run the ten second test code to find out.

Phantom