Re: your mail

At 08:16 AM 4/26/96 PDT, Jay Ruddell wrote:

>>Can you give us a traceback that will pinpoint where the errors are
>>happening?  If the traceback happens because of exceeding the maximum
>>recursion limit, the traceback will be long (probably on the order of
>>fifty verbs) but that's okay...
>
>All it says on bother the linux machine and the server with the two
>different MOOs just give an Error.
>
>The error is ...
>
>Too many verb calls
>
>That is it... Wizzen dont get this error, only players when trying to create
>an object, write or create a verb or dig a room.
>
>Any help to fix this welcome.

this happens when there's no objects in the recycler, $quota_utils:bi_create
tries to call $recycler:_create if the permissions aren't that of a wizard,
while $recycler:_create sees there's nothing in the recycler and calls
$quota_utils:bi_create, which loops back again. I think a wizard can just
make a bunch of objects and then recycle them, as long as you keep a few
recyclables around this should be fine, this was made to stop number
spamming on Lambda, but then again they have about 18000 recyclables, so
never thought about this problem.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index