Re: call_function() and $bf_FOO()

Followup to:  <Pine.LNX.3.91.960427185739.4759A-100000@darkowl.pr.mcs.net>
By author:    Don Schwarz <darkowl@darkowl.pr.mcs.net>
In newsgroup: local.moo

> Oh, and while I'm at it, shouldn't the MOO panic when #0 is recycled?  Or
> maybe just make recycle() refuse to recycle it?  I don't see how the MOO
> could function at all without #0, nor do I see any reason why it should
> ever need to be recycled.  Of course recycling $player could probably do
> just as much damage, but the server doesn't directly communicate with
> $player like it does with #0.
>                                                  --Dark_Owl

Recycling #0 is potentially useful if you have to recover a db for
which #0 is royally hosed.  Of course, you would probably do it from
Emergency Holo-Wizard Mode...  It is definitely something you
may want to check for in your $bf_recycle() verb.  In fact, I would
create a property on your root class called "system", owned by root
and !c.  Have $bf_create() set <new object>.system = 0; and have
$bf_recycle return E_PERM if (<object>.system), regardless of the
wizardness of the caller.

	-hpa

--
PGP public key available - finger hpa@zytor.com
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens."  --  Bahá'u'lláh