Re: call_function() and $bf_FOO()

On Sat, 27 Apr 1996, Don Schwarz wrote:
> Oh, and while I'm at it, shouldn't the MOO panic when #0 is recycled?  Or
> maybe just make recycle() refuse to recycle it?  I don't see how the MOO
> could function at all without #0, nor do I see any reason why it should
> ever need to be recycled.  Of course recycling $player could probably do
> just as much damage, but the server doesn't directly communicate with
> $player like it does with #0.

The server should definitely not panic when #0 is recycled.  I have
recycled #0 twice, both times on purpose, and had no problems whatsoever.
If you want to prevent an object from being recycled because it is somehow
crucial to your database, then you should protect it with a wrapper in
$recycle.

anomaly@u.washington.edu