re:hash & balanced trees

>Balanced binary trees are O(log(n)) on searches, and algortithms such as AVL
>trees have acceptable insertion and deletion measures.  Besides, there is c
>source code available.

That's fine for mutable data type... but unless I'm mistaken MOO lists are not.

Beside be carefull with the O() there are some constants that disapears and
they can't always be neglected... beside in theory hash table have O(1)
search/delete/add/etc., in practice... :) :) :)

Welcome to the marvelous world of data structures and algorithms :)

Richard