server messages in the database

Hi.

I hope this is not one of these questions that has been asked 100 times
before...

I'm running 1.8p5 and an the programmers manual it says (Chapter 5.2.2) you
can set some server messages in the database. What I would be interested
are $server_options.create_msg, .recycle_msg, .boot_msg and some others.
But it seems that my system doesn't know these properties. Did I set
something up the wrong way or is that a mistake in the manual..?

Talking about this: Does anybody know where the message for an unsuccessful
login is stored? Are there any plans to make this also such an in-database
message in the future?

Thanks a lot.

Andreas Dieberger