Re: AppleTalk

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Chris Mueller wrote:
>Would be nice, if someone could tell me where to find informations
>how running a Moo on AppleTalk network
>(and not on the Internet).
>Still using TCP/IP?
>
>Thanks for hints
>Chris

My suggestion: Get MacGoesMOO, an excellent Mac port of the LambdaMOO server
for Macintosh (PPC and 68k).  They just released 1.0b11, which brings MGM up
to LambdaMOO 1.8.0p6.  The URL is
http://neon.ci.lexington.ma.us/SpamCentral/scaron/mgm.html

I haven't tried it on appletalk alone, but I imagine that if you have an
appletalk network active using TCP/IP, then remote machines within the
network can just connect to the address and port of the machine running MGM.

Hope this helps,
Matt
Matthew Duhan       fringe@shore.net       http://www.shore.net/~fringe
When I want my opinions I'll ask me for them.
WWW, HTML, VR, MOO, HRSFA, TMBG, DNA--any more initials and I'll go insane
I didn't know the true meaning of fear, until I kissed Becky.
                  - a rather serious moment in Invasion of the Body Snatchers