Re: Talker-ization of MOOs

> The subject line says it all <g>: how do you keep your MOO from
> turning into a talker ?
>
> The symptom of talkerization is: about 60% of the logged on users
> simply stay in room, usually the default .home . No matter
> how many areas you design, they just stay there.
>
> So, do you have similar problems ? And, how do you solve them ?

I would encourage you to rethink you're assumptions a little bit
here.  If everyone is hanging out in one room just talking,
maybe it's because they're perfectly happy hanging out in one
room talking.  In short, if your users don't see this as a problem
that they've been complaining to you about, why do *you* see
it as a problem?

Jerry McDonough -- jmcd@info.Berkeley.EDU             |    (......)
UCB Sch. of Lib. & Info. Studies                      |    \ *  * /
"Tell him I've been too fucking busy.  Or vice versa."|    \  <>  /
             -- Dorothy Parker, explaining a missed   |     \ -- /  SGNORMPF!!!
                deadline                              |      ||||

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index