Re: MOOs running off Linux...

On Sun, 5 May 1996 slayer@kaiwan.com wrote:

> actually you don't have to do that, you can use a local telnet program to
> telnet to localhost (127.0.0.1), but I usually dont like windows mud
> clients, I don't see why it's so hard to port tf to win but I guess it's
> just me rambling...

This usually works, but there is a chance that it won't; Windows Sockets
implementations aren't strictly required to support the
loopback/localhost device.  The one that comes with '95 does, however.

  --Chris                           cunkel@engin.umich.edu
    ResComp Network Support Technician, Bursley Hall
    "Invisibility is in the eye of the beholder."
    Home Page: http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~cunkel/