Re: line breaks added to long out of band commands

Amy Bruckman writes:
> In 1.8.0p4, I'm having trouble with out of band commands getting chopped
> into two lines:
>
> #$#MacMOOSE list_code OBJ_: #75 OBJ_NAME_: Amy CODE_NAME_: jump VERB_STATUS_: EXISTS VERB_OWNER_: #75 VERB_PERMS_: rxd VERB_DOBJ_: this VERB_PREP_: none VERB_IOBJ_: this VERB_CHANGEABLE_: 1
>  CODE_TYPE_: VERB PREFIX_: _&_mMseVerb114294964936
>
> The client is sending this as one line, and in 1.7.9 it was always received as
> one line.  In 1.8.0p4, a line break is inserted before CODE_TYPE.
> #0:do_out_of_band_command isn't getting the entire line.

I think that this is a client problem; the server never breaks up long lines.
One possibly relevant change did appear in 1.8.0: the server now treats
carriage-return (015 octal) as an end-of-line character; previously it was
completely ignored by the server.  If your Mac client was itself breaking this
into multiple lines (using the standard Mac line-break character: CR) then this
would explain all of the behavior you're seeing, including the fact that it
worked in 1.7.9.

	Pavel