Re: Core getch Hack

At 03:51 PM 5/9/96 PDT, Mike Carns wrote:
>Would it be possible to create a new builitin verb that called getch to
>get characters from the user, thus not echoing things like passwords?
>I've been looking at the code and their doesn't seem to be a definite
>place where it calls a form of scanf to get input, so I can't find the
>place to get the basic routine for such a verb.
>
>Later,
>Mcarns

try set_connection_option(player, "client-echo", 1) I don't know if that'll
work, because echoing characters is mostly a client thing, not a in-moo
thing, however telnet clients should respond to these kinds of things from
the server, if a person is telnetting directly in it'll work, but not
necessarily with some clients.

...This is not a signature.