Re: A good set of generic questions...

On Sat, 11 May 1996, David HM Spector wrote:

> 1) What is the current state-of-the-art in MOO-networking?  In a
> recent email chat with Andrew Wilson, he told me that the (his)
> current code-base on his site is mothhballed, but JaysHouseMOO might
> be more up to date.  The MOOnet code doesn't seem to be in the
> LambdaCore (unless I am missing it somewhere :-)...

Off the top of my head, I'd have to say SunWizard's SunNet.

> Is there an archive + installation kits for some flavor of current
> networking code that can be plugged into the LambdaCore?

Damned if I know.

> 2) What is the current state of the art in Moo<-->WWW connectivity?
> The BioMOO tools are extremely kool, but there is no indication of
> their availability.. there are some BioMOO "whiteboad" messages
> hinting at a September release date.. but these notes fail to mention
> a year[!!] (based on some other notes therein, I think the plan WAS
> for 1995...)

Many, many, many MOOs have this installed, most have their own setup.
Look at http://sensemedia.net/sprawl for info about theirs.

> 3) Is there an archive anywhere of installation kits/tools (not just
> raw code) for various MOO objects..?

I'd be interested in hearing about that myself.

--
The One and Only |>		bastian@mail.netacc.net