New patch release 1.8.0p5 of LambdaMOO server

   I hope these do generate compile-time errors and aren't allowed
   through... it would be a travesty if we had to allow expressions that
   would be known to generate runtime errors at compile time.

I dunno, maybe it's not necessary any more, $error in lambdacore for
1.7.9 and before depends upon being able to enter expressions that
could be known to generate runtime errors, such as "1 / 0".  I think
the programmer should be allowed to do something that gives an error
even if it's totally obvious that they are doing so.

      Judy Anderson yclept yduJ          'yduJ' rhymes with 'fudge'
 yduJ@cs.stanford.edu (personal mail)   yduJ@harlequin.com (work-related)
	Join the League for Programming Freedom, lpf@uunet.uu.net