Re: Networking Utilities

>I'm curious if anyone else has developed fully-functional SMTP and/or POP
>systems in MOOCode.
>If so, I'd like to compare implementations.
>
> - M

Do you mean 'MOO code as a POP daemon' or 'MOO code that knows how to check
mail from a POP server' ?

If the latter, I started developing it, but haven't worked on it since over
two years ago. Currently it logs in, checks mail, downloads and deletes
messages, emits very VR-friendly 'ping!' sounds when it receives mail, and
keeps the messages as children of the 'generic external email' (icky name,
but oh well), which is an extended note with headers.
It doesn't read the mail for you, nor is it programmed yet to reply
automatically telling people to leave you alone. ;)

I can share the code, just drop a line.

Cheers,

Gustavo Glusman               Founder/administrator of BioMOO
-- Gustavo@bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il
-- http://bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il/Gustavo
-- BioMOO: telnet bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il 8888
           WWW:   http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il/BioMOO