Re: Bultin prop flags

At 08:51 AM 5/21/96 PDT, Isildur wrote:
>Richard Connamacher wrote:
>>
>> At 5:40 PM 5/20/96, Isildur wrote:
>> >Is there any way to protect builtin properties?
>> >I mean parent, location, owner,name...
>>
>> 'parent' is not a "property".  It's accessed through a builtin function, so
>> if you want to protect that, wiz parent() and code $bf_parent() to do all
>> the perm checks you want, and also take a look at children() and
>> chparent().
>Iêm not sure to undestand...
>what do you mean with: "wiz parent()" ???
>You mean to edit that verb? But it is a builtin one...
>Or you mean to change its owner?

hm he means to set $server_options.protect_parent to 1.. that's how you can
make a verb wiz-only... you can edit it in the database by making a
$bf_parent() verb.

>> Players already can't change their own names.  Read the programmer's manual.
>But In my moo they do it using @rename me and @edit me.name...
>I tought those commands run with player rights...
>Is this usual?

they don't, really.. @rename calls player:set_name, as well as the editor,
set_name runs with wizard permissions to change the name, so you might want
to start there.

...This is not a signature.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index