Re: Cease and Desist!

> From moo-cows-errors@parc.xerox.com Sun Jun  2 20:13:40 1996
> Delivery-Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 20:13:40 +0100
> Date: Sun, 2 Jun 1996 12:02:41 PDT
> From: Who ME? <trishm@kendaco.telebyte.com>
> To: moo-cows@parc.xerox.com
> Subject: Re: Cease and Desist!

> [snip]
>
> Of course, check with a lawyer - I'm not an expert, just did a little
> research into the subject a couple of years ago.
>
> Trish

Yeah, valid reasoning, I agree. My advice stands, though, this guy sounds like
he'll try to heavy it, so why give him the pleasure of his territorial display ?
Send him some mail saying you are dismayed that he has taken such a narrow view
of copyright law. Make this mail widely available on the Web as an explanation as to why your page can no longer be found by name (which, he will find,
is a legitimate use of his name). Then change the room name, and bask in your
devilish correctness ;o)