Re: FUP/1.8.0p4 related problem?

On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Diana L Harris wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, necro wrote:
>
> > ok, i'll keep it short.. here's a little problem for you..
> > does anyone have any idea why calling filerun() from FUP1.8 seems to also
> > call #0:checkpoint_finished?
> > this happens on either 1.8.0p4 and p5 - i dont have any other versions
> > available.. it also happened on FUP1.7..
> > has this happend to anyone else?
> >
> > necro

I haven't seen this problem myself (I haven't looked), but it seems
likely that it is the result of a forked process created by filerun
ending and SIG_CHLD'ing the server.  The server then, for whatever reason,
interpreted the end of the fileran() process as the end of the
checkpointing process, and called $checkpoint_finished().

--Nick Ingolia

ningolia@[oxygen|neon|stu].ci.lexington.ma.us
ingolia@molbio.mgh.harvard.edu