Re: Trouble compiling pgperf

Richard Connamacher writes:
> gcc -DLO_CAL -DGATHER_STATISTICS -O -p -g -fstrength-reduce
      -fomit-frame-pointer -fdelayed-branch -finline-functions -o gperf
      options.o iterator.o main.o perfect.o keylist.o listnode.o xmalloc.o
      hashtable.o boolarray.o readline.o stderr.o version.o getopt.o
> ld: fatal: file mcrt1.o: cannot open file; errno=2

mcrt1.o is part of the C runtime support used by GCC; it looks to me like GCC
has not been fully and properly installed on your machine.

On the other hand, I think maybe the `-p' flag in the compilation line is bogus
as well.  That calls for a profiling version of the program, and that's also
the cause of GCC asking for mcrt1.o instead of the normal crt0.o; I bet if you
remove that option from the command line it'll all work fine.

	Pavel