Re: [Bugs] listen()

So, when do we get to hear from the new maintainer?

I'd like to know what kinds of plans he has for the server in the future
(not necessarily the near future ;) etc.

I'd also like to know the status of the listen() bug.  It happens to be
effecting one of the MOOs I frequent.

While the fix suggested was a good one (having a 'cron' job of sorts
periodically unlisten and listen again) it shouldn't have to be done
in-db like that, especially when it is effecting the primary listening
port.

Anyone? anyone?

I think jackie mentioned in her post (the first one a few weeks back)
that the machine the server ran on was linux (1.2.11) .. in the interim
I'd suggest at least moving to 1.2.13 (or, better yet, 2.0.7 ... 2 is
suppossed to be a 'stable' release as oppossed to any of the 1.3 series
kernels).

--Chris
aka Barrett && Archwiz @ RiverMOO

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index