Re: [inconsistency] -Upgrading LambdaCor

 ----------
From:  D. Jason Nolan[SMTP:jnolan@oise.utoronto.ca]
Sent:  Thursday, July 25, 1996 9:14 PM
To:  moo-cows
Subject:  [inconsistency] -Upgrading LambdaCore to 1.8.0-

This takes place on my mac at home, not my RS/6k, using MGM.

I was upgrading the core using this wonderful facility from
http://flake.org:8989/742, and I noticed the following.  Unfortunately,
I'm
only smart enough to notice that this is a problem, not to determine if
the
problem is serious.  The verb compiled well.  Any comments would be
appreciated.

 -Upgrading LambdaCore to 1.8.0-

$prog:@rmverb

If you used the $code_utils verbs on the earlier pages, you'll want to
 change this line (21):

   while (loc >= 0 && verb_args(object, tostr(loc)) != argspec)
to this:
   while (loc >= 1 && ...
or optionally:
   while (loc && ...

BUT from the LambdaCore-latest.db it looks different:

lis 21
 21:       while ((loc >= 0) && (verb_args(object, tostr(loc)) !=
argspec))

so I did this

"     while ((loc >= 1) && (verb_args(object, tostr(loc)) != argspec))

Was this any good?
Thanks

ALSO

$prog:@display
86:    for n in [0..length(vrbs) - 1]
87:      vrb = setadd(vrb, {what, tostr(n)});

These are really lines 90-91, right?

101:       for n in [0..length(verbs(z)) - 1]
102:         vrb = setadd(vrb, {z, tostr(n)});

These are really lines 105-106, right?

133:    short = strsub(y = index(q, " ") ? q[1..y - 1] | q, "*", "");
into this:

These are really lines 137, right?

 Jason Nolan              http://noisey.oise.utoronto.ca
 Curriculum Department
 Ontario Institute for Stupidity in Education, U of T

* Note that the new address is @oise.utoronto.ca *

I was upgrading to the new server lately with a
complete new database based on LambdaCore... I
remember to having to search around to find some
of the code mentionned... Mostly, the "wonderful
facility" doesn't list all the changes who have to
be done, but mainly those who must be done. Look
a little around, a learn a lot doing that :)

I notice some more tricky ones in doing that and
posted to this list... Helas! I lose temporarely
the access to my account and can't retreive it.
If you have access to an archive of this mailing
list, check around the month of june...

The contradiction is not that free software are among the best,
   it's that commercial software aren't the best of them.
Fabien Ninoles aka the Baggus Mage aka Baffouille
finger me for my PGP Public Key  | Not knowing where you go
                                 | always lead you to
[space must be fill to register] | a Baggus End...
Can be reach too on Ninoles.Fabien@ic.gc.ca until 23/08/96