Re: (wish list) re: connection_ip()

Quinn wrote:

> 100% agreement here.  Uh-HUH!
>
> connection_ip() and connection_hostname() functions which return ONLY
> "1.2.3.4" and "foo.bar.baz" would be dandy-fine.  connection_name() could
> still be used for whatever purposed people use that port info.
>
> The names are rather fucked, though.  Maybe connection_name() should be
> renamed to connection_info() or something.

Well I was just thinking that all net funcs should return IPs
then if you want the name run it through a tohostname() or somesuch
and also be able to take "host.name.com" and run it through a
toip().  Then you have full control in-db as oppposed to being
at the whim of the DNS process, your DNS, and other things.

--
Mike Thompson aka Shadow RAM : Made from 100% all natural