Re: tofloat()...

At 03:19 PM 7/31/96 -0600, Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
wrote:
>> It's always been like this.  Confusing to newbies, not really needed,
>> but it takes off a few millionths of a second to parse.
>
>It should be handled in the compiler, not the parser.

The code parser, yes (which is part of the 'compiler').  The command parser, no.

I guess part of the question is is '+<number>' a literal?  '-<number>' is.
Or is it an expression that needs to be evaluated?  If it's an expression,
then the code parser should produce compiled bytecodes which will evalulate
it.  If it's a literal, then the code parser should generate code to push
the literal.

Andy.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index