Re: disconnected players calling :user_disconnected

>When a new connection is made to the MOO, it gets a negative object
>number.  When it disconnects it calls #0:user_disconnected/
>user_client_disconnected.

Uh, with what server is this? I *wish* #0:user_disconnected were called
when a not-yet-logged-in negative object gets booted or closes
connection... but it isn't.

>But if it disconnects BY LOGGING IN it
>doesn't -- so if $login (or some other mechanism) is keeping track of
>the not-yet-connected players, there's no way for it to deal with
>negative objects connecting.  (This is resolvable in-DB, but I think
>that's artificial.)

Heh. When it *does* connect, you can keep track by using #0:user_connected
et al. Is this what you call artificial?

Gustavo Glusman               Founder/administrator of BioMOO
-- Gustavo@bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il
-- http://bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il:70/0h/Gustavo/Glusman
-- BioMOO: telnet bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il 8888
           WWW:   http://bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il:8888

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index