more randoms from bb (twisty)

    Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 22:50 EDT
    From: sir@po.cwru.edu (Seth I. Rich)

    + Is there a -technical- reason for the prohibition on recursive
      movement?  I've been trying to think of one, but I haven't been
      able to.  Of course recursive movement isn't VR, but should it be
      prohibited by the server?

If what you mean is, should you be able to create a circularity in which
something you contain contains you, this would break things like
$object_utils:contains, which want to recurse outward until they find
something that is not contained by something.  I think that's a technical
reason not to permit this; whether the server is the right place for such
enforcement, I can't say.  But I still think it's a good decision to have
made somewhere.  I've never felt particularly hampered by the restriction
myself...
 -kmp