make use of $handle_uncaught_error and/or $handle_task_timeout so that
rather than seeing something messy like

  >fribble my buns
  #58:wombat, line 7:  Variable not found
  ... called from #58:do_fribble (this == #1427), line 21
  ... called from #58:fribble frabble frobble (this == #1427), line 16
  (End of traceback)

he sees something more friendly like

  >fribble my buns
  Oops.  There is a bug (423).  See `help bugs' for more information.

or maybe

  >fribble my buns
  Oops.  We ran out of time (424).  See `help timeout' for more
information.

with the traceback being quietly mailed off to the appropriate bug list.
Or we could leave that as an option, allowing the user to later invoke a
command to send the traceback, e.g.:

  Date:     Tue Jul 30 13:44:30 1996 EDT
  From:     JoeRandomUser (#1427)
  To:       FribbleMan (#2429) and *Bug-List (#6666)
  Command:  fribble my buns
  Traceback:
     #58:wombat, line 7:  Variable not found
     ... called from #58:do_fribble (this == #1427), line 21
     ... called from #58:fribble frabble frobble (this == #1427), line
16

  Please enter any other information you think might be relevant.
  [Type lines of input; use `.' to end or `@abort' to abort the
command.]
  >This started happening this morning.
  >.