Re: raise()

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Richard Godard wrote:

> One problem that I experience those days is catching errors, analyse the
> value/message and raise() it again if I can't do anything with the value...
> it works nicely, except the traceback that result is not as informative :(
>
> I was wondering if we could have a reraise() bf (or reraise; statement)
> that would continue the raising (and error catching) process as if the
> except clause containing the bf call/statement has not caight it?

(example snipped)

The C++ exception-catching syntax (which was not the original basis for
the
MOO exception syntax) has a form of the throw statement which is of the
form:
throw;
	and may only be used inside an exception handler.  This performs
essentially what you were talking about and allows "partial exception
handling" and other useful features.  Basically, it re-throws the
exception that was being handled.  This might be a bit of a hack to the
stack-unwinding syntax, but it would probably be doable and certainly
could be useful.

--Nick Ingolia

ningolia@[oxygen|neon|stu].ci.lexington.ma.us
ingolia@molbio.mgh.harvard.edu