Re: My wish: built-in prompt support

On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, Kipp the Kidd wrote:

> I think it's just fine in the database.
>
> The only possible server way, as I see it, is if it has been 1/10th to 1
> second second since the last notify(), display the prompt.  This would be
> hard to do in the server, and is easily solved in the Paradigm core with a
> simple .prompt_ok and a fork()

What about making it display the prompt not after a notify, but after a
typed command finishes executing? If the verb forks or suspends, then the
programmer would have to make sure e called some builtin like
display_prompt() if e was displaying text..

..

Grady (aka. Het)
grady@moof.asl-labs.bc.ca
vancouver..bc..canada