Re: My wish: built-in prompt support

At 08:45 AM 8/9/96 PDT, Ahn Jin-su wrote:
>I think there's some need for built-in prompt support, for various reasons
>(printing stat for rpg MOO, verb name and line number for in-MOO editor,
>for example).

I think it's just fine in the database.

The only possible server way, as I see it, is if it has been 1/10th to 1
second second since the last notify(), display the prompt.  This would be
hard to do in the server, and is easily solved in the Paradigm core with a
simple .prompt_ok and a fork()

>I wrote patches for it several times myself, for the server is continuosly
>evolving, and the last one was completely rewritten from scratch and finished
>last night. It seems I wrote the patches for every versions of server since
>1.7.8p4. (sigh)

I believe you did this by calling a verb after each task terminates or
suspends  (I am prolly wrong).  The problem I see with this is, what if a
suspended task produces no output?  Extra prompts would be produced, which
could give away an invisible player (I've seen this on other muds)

- Kipp
http://radioactivo.com.mx/~paradigm