Re: encrypt/decrypt

Followup to:  <199608250106.UAA01139@gently.netins.net>
By author:    "David Morris" <bweaver@worf.netins.net>
In newsgroup: local.moo

> I can't remember anyone saying anything on this before (but I've been wrong
> before), but has someone written an encrypt/decrypt function? either as a
> server bf or in-db.
>
> I have an idea for something that could really benefit from being
> able to pair those two functions together.

Well, you could just grab a copy of RSAREF and put a MOO wrapper
around it... should be trivial; if you are interested in even simpler
encryption like DES or 3DES, you can get source code for it just about
anywhere on the net and just write the MOO wrappers... however, there
is always the stupid U.S. export restrictions...

(Hmmm, maybe yet another good reason for loadable MOOdules...)

	-hpa

--
PGP public key available - finger hpa@zytor.com
Key fingerprint: 2047/2A960705 BA 03 D3 2C 14 A8 A8 BD  1E DF FE 69 EE 35 BD 74