Re: Builtins [LPMOO]

> If I load a DB that has builtins that LPMOO doesn't recognize, I hear
> that it will still load ok, but what happens to the verbs with the
> unknown builtins?  Is it simply not programmed?  (would be bad) Or does
> the verb just fail when ya try to run it? (would be good)

At present LPMOO will fail to load such a db, just like LambdaMOO.

However, being able to load a db with unknown builtins has obvious advantages.
I'd like to add this capability to LPMOO sometime in the future. The reason I
haven't already is it's not obvious what should happen to the builtin call.

Some random ideas:

  - refuse to program the verb, but continue loading the db
  - program the verb, replacing the unknown() with E_VERBNF:unknown()
  - program the verb, replacing the unknown() with "unknown()"
  - allow any unknown() to exist, but always raise E_VERBNF upon execution
  - allow any unknown() to exist, and bind the function at runtime; perhaps
    redirect it to #0:unknown()

Comments? Suggestions?

--
Robert Leslie