Database droppings

I had trouble getting LambdaMOO to compile on a Linux box, so I am using
the pre-compiled binary from ftp.parc.xerox.com.  It seems to operate
normally, except when doing database dumps.  As normal, it will do an
hourly dump of 'database.db.new.#??#' but it has the odd tendancy to
leave these temporary dumps laying around.  For kicks I tried
mv database.db.new.#??# database.db.new
and Linux came back with 'database.db.new.#??# and database.db.new are
same file.  Not moved' (or something close).  Is this an error with the
server, or an oddity of my Linux setup?  I can continue to clean up these
database droppings by hand, but I'd rather the server handle it in the
manner it was supposed to.  ANy ideas?  Thanks in advance,
Jason

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index