Re: [PROG] changing the value of player

>> Well, is this code _susposed_ to work:
>> @verb me:call_as this none this rxd $archwizard

One brief stylistic note: I always use $owner to refer to the
ArchWizard.  Takes up zero database space.

[verb code deleted which first sets player and then tries to
set_task_perm()]

> The code is *not* supposed to work.  You have to do this in two steps;
> one wizardly verb changes `player' and then calls another (or the same!)
> wizardly verb to do the set_task_perms() and call the intended target.

With all due respect, this seems like an awfully large bug.  The
set_task_perms() code shouldn't care one whit about 'player' unless it
needs to raise an error, IMO.

What was behind this implementation?

Seth / Blackbriar

Seth I. Rich
Woo, woo!  OpalMOO's back!       There is nothing more precious than
Rabbits on walls, no problem.    a tear of true repentance.

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index