No Subject

> -- Added the built-in function `set_connection_option(CONN, OPTION, VALUE)',
>    for controlling various optional behaviors on the connection CONN.  The only
>    allowed values for OPTION in this release are as follows:
> 	"hold-input" -- if VALUE is true, then input received on CONN will
> 	    never be treated as a command; instead, it will remain in the queue
> 	    until retrieved by a call to read().

One question here.. does this affect suspend-detection on read() calls if a
task associated with a "hold-input"ed queue suspends?  I.e. can I:
    set_connection_option(player, "hold-input", 1);
    suspend(0);
    set_connection_option(player, "hold-input", 0);
    x = read();

..and have it not E_PERM?  If not, could this be arranged?  It would be
_extremely_ useful under some circumstances (in particular, in conjunction
with the notify() changes in 1.7.9), and now that "hold-input" exists the
primary reason for E_PERMing after suspend() (namely that input would be
processed during the suspend, screwing up all predictability of input
destinations) can be avoided.

-R
     Alex Stewart - riche@crl.com - Richelieu @ Diversity University MOO
                         http://www.crl.com/~riche/
            "Difficult answers lead to intelligent questions."