USR1 signal

Greets all.

I have a question... is it possible to change the meaning of the USR1
signal, as the dump-child of the MOO process uses it ? We have been
having trouble with our dumps and signal 11/10's (segmentation violation
and bus errors respectivily). A dump would start, encounter one of those
signals, quit, and give USR1 to the parent process. On this, the MOO
would SHUTDOWN, dump, encounter the same signal the child did, PANIC, try
to PANICDUMP, encounter the signal a third time, and quit crying about
RECURSIVE PANIC.

Now if the MOO wouldn't shutdown, we could try and figure out where the
problem lies -- in the system, the scsi-interface (swap memory), the
physical memory, or the MOO...

Does anyone know if changin the USR1 signal would be possible/useful/wise ?

Greets,
Ynnoz.

Thomas Wouters   |   Visit The Digitale City (DDS)   | Forever an Addict to
zonny@moo.dds.nl |    The Dutch Digital Community    | Virtual, Digital,
Ynnoz @ MOOs     | http://www.dds.nl/plein/centraal/ | Unconventional Rubbish
Jay_* @ MUS[HE]s |  WWW -- World Wide Wackos :)      | (Except for Windows)