Re: Robots

patrick wrote:

>This thread started off with the question for MOO-code bots. Well, I think
>that approach shouldn't be underestimated if the thing does only little things.
>And then goes to sleep for a longer period.

A strategy might be: write your bot in MOO-code only if it's
temporarily active and triggered by MOO events. If the thing is
intended to run continuously, better to have it exist external
to the MOO, and to log in as a player.

Most 'pets' and greeting-objects and whatnot do not need to run
continuously -- just when somebody actually triggers them... so
there's no need for endlessly-forking objects.

  - John Maxwell

jmax@wimsey.com                                     john_w_maxwell@sfu.ca
Knossopolis Media               Canadian Centre for Studies in Publishing
http://www.knosso.com/                    http://www.harbour.sfu.ca/ccsp/