Re: disassemble()

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, SunRay wrote:

> DI was playing around with this built-in today and noticed something
> that I
> can not make sense of.  Each fork vector contains a line such as the
> following before the actual Bytecodes (this is from an unprogrammed
> verb):
>
> [Bytes for labels = 1, literals = 1, forks = 1, variables = 1, stack
> refs
> = 1]
>
> In this case, I expect that literals = 0, forks = 0, and variables = 0.
> am unseure about the other two.

Methinks that those numbers are the number of bytes that each takes
in the verb program... so if you have 15 literals in a program, it
should be 1 (or even if you have zero, although it would probably
be possible to change the server so that it could actually take 0
bytes and those ops would be unavailable), but if you have, say, 300
literals, it should take 2 bytes.

--Nate

Nate Massey
nmassey@lfa.lfc.edu