Re: New Server

On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Michael Kraus wrote:

> Thanks Pavel for the help (prev. unaware of -e mode)...
>

>   However, I have found on BatMOO that the 1.7.9pX LambdaMOO server
> reports a 4 to 5 digit number rather than a hostname/IP address...

This is not true.  The 4 to 5 digit number is the port the person is
connecting from, which can be used with IDENT.  If you check
connection_name(player) you will see the port number as well as the
hostname/ip address.  You'll have to reporgram
$string_utils:connection_hostname.  Look in ChangeLog.txt's 1.7.9p2
section.  It has notes in it that you should not ignore, about things you
need to do in order to get your db working properly with the new server.

- Kipp