Re: byte based quota

On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, SunRay wrote:

> Don't you also have to set $player.size_quota equal to {init-quota, 0,0,0}
> Seems like we forgot to do that on Aussie and it goofed some things up...

I believe the correct way to do it is to set $player.size_quota to
{0, 0, 0, 0} and set $quota_utils.default_quota to the initial quota because
$quota_utils:initialize_quota automatically sets the quota for new
players.  You might also want to hack
$quota_utils:adjust_quota_for_programmer if you want programmers to have
more quota than normal players.

> At 09:48 AM 10/30/95 PST, Judy Anderson wrote:
> >In theory, the switchover to byte based quota is simple.
> >;$quota_utils = $byte_quota_utils
> >To switch back,
> >;$quota_utils = $object_quota_utils
> >All the relevant verbs are implemented in the manner appropriate to
> >the quota system, and the internal systems all use $quota_utils.
> >Set up the measurement task
> >;$quota_utils:measurement_task()

 *       Don Schwarz <darkowl@tezcat.com>          *     PGP fingerprint:    *
 *        http://www.tezcat.com/~darkowl           * 6E 3E B9 38 CC C2 CA CD *
 * -->Come to EnigMOO  (junior.wariat.org 7777)<-- * 4A ED 48 66 27 FA 1C 37 *
 *       Dark_Wiz @ EnigMOO, ForestMOO             ***************************
 *  Dark_Owl @ everymoo   "Don't eat that, the spiders haven't hatched yet." *