Tujunga Moo

I have received a lot of questions about my project, and I will address them
here:

1.  How are you going to put gps boxes and microphones on people when they
won't want to do this?

Good question.  I already have the OK from Juan Jimenez, city councilmember
of district 78 (Sunland/Tujunga).  He has already spoken with about 3000
residents who will agree to the project, based on certain incentives (most
of them are illegal immigrants, so certain benefits can be levied).  Also, for
the 40,000 others in the city, I plan to use tranquilizer darts and nets to
tag the residents for MOOism.

2.  How are you going to get a speech-to-text converter program in MOO?

Good question.  It won't be in MOO.  I have a bank of workers who will monitor
the conversations (they will be bilingual operators) who will type in the
words as they are spoken.  Internal MOO tags will make sure the correct
conversations come from the correct people.

3.  How are you going to handle privacy?  Will the residents of Tujunga be
able to turn off the GPS boxes or microphones?

Good questions.  The plan is to accurately lay out the MOO such that a
virtual visitor would not be able to get into a building if it is locked in
"real" life.  So, people would lock their doors and windows (as they would
anyway), and the MOO will notice the door is locked by way of special wireless
sensors.  The wizards (myself, and others) would be police officers from
Tujunga.  I have councilperson Jimenez' approval for this plan.

4.  This is a joke, right?

Bad question.  No, it isn't.  I am already well on my way to this project.
I have already hired several bounty hunters who will have the population of
Tujunga "tagged" by the end of this year.  I think T'Hun'gaMOO will be up by
March of 1996.

Please write to me if you have any more comments, suggestions, or questions.
I will try to make a summary and post it here.
T. Pascal, King of Pascal    |  "As between mice and men, man is the more
4527 Avocado St.             |   devoted to cheese.  For science has shown that
Los Angeles, CA 90027        |   a mouse will content himself with a piece of
                             |   cheese for want of something better."
      t_pascal@{{[[cheshire.,bobcat.,bengal.,cougar.],[[cub.,blackcat.,
  cheetah.]math.]]oxy.edu},{[pc4.,pc5-1.,pc3--1.,cub.,zenmoo.]zennet.com}}

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index