Re: Inputting a text file for use as a program in a MOO

> > 	Thank you very much, every one who replied to my post yesterday
> > (re: byte quota as opposed to object quota).  Now, the thing I need to
> > know is:  Is there any way to input a text file (containing MOO code)
> > into the MOO, without having to connect from a different site?

I'm not sure quite what form of this question you're asking, but if you just
want to do somehting by hand, the easiest way is just to get a copy of
TinyFugue, set it up on your local system, and use its /quote command (gives a
much nicer interface to the MOO also).  TF can be obtained from
ftp.ccs.neu.edu in the pub/mud/clients directory..

> I believe that FUP has just what you want... just toss the file into your
> files/ directory, and fileread() it into memory.  Then eval it or
> use it in set_verb_code or something along those lines.  (Sorry, I forget
> the address from where to get FUP.. check the MOO-cows archives for that,
> it's mentioned all over the place)

FUP takes a significant bit more hackery to set up, but of course is much more
flexible if you're doing a lot of file IO or want to have the MOO able to do
everything itself (FUP is a patch to the MOO server which adds builtins for
reading/writing to the filesystem). You can obtain FUP from
bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il in the /pub/software/MOOsupport/FUP directory, if I
remember correctly.

-R
     Alex Stewart - riche@crl.com - Richelieu @ Diversity University MOO
                         http://www.crl.com/~riche/
            "Difficult answers lead to intelligent questions."